Expectant mothers have special needs and complaints that we treat specifically during the massage. For example, pregnant women often suffer from back pain during pregnancy, neck tension and swollen ankles, feet and fingers.
Relaxation is also an important topic in this exciting time. And it is not only the expectant mothers who benefit from it. A relaxed body and inner harmony and peace have a positive effect on the development of the baby and the forthcoming birth.
For pregnant women we use many massage techniques:
- Die classical medical massage is mainly used for neck tension and pain in the neck or back area. There are also soothing massage techniques for loosening the legs.
- Manual lymphatic drainage is the massage of choice for swelling of the legs, the so-called pregnancy edema.
- A reflexology foot massage during pregnancy has a relaxing and balancing effect on the nervous system. In addition, digestive problems such as constipation, which often occur during pregnancy, can be regulated.
- The techniques of connective tissue massage are applied to the thoracic or cervical spine of pregnant women. Arms and legs are also included.
During pregnancy all kind of massages affecting the cervical and thoracic spine, arms, legs and feet are soothing options. Massages of the lower back should be avoided in the first trimester and towards the end of pregnancy. Also in high-risk pregnancies. In normal pregnancies massages of the lumbar spine can be relaxing.
During a pregnancy massage, the massage therapist will respond specifically to the wishes and problems of the pregnant woman and treat her with a lot of empathy. The therapist ensures that the pregnant woman can lie comfortably on her side or on her back, depending on her complaints, preferences and abdominal girth. The position can be changed at any time.
Pregnancy massages help with:
- Back pain during pregnancy
- Neck tensions
- Relaxation and well-being during pregnancy
- Pain during pregnancy
- Labor Preparation
- Swollen ankles, feet and fingers